Posted on June 18, 2018
One of the best cheap home designer software around is a program produced by the professional 3D architectural software company Chief Architect. Their latest version of the program is Better Homes and Garden Home Designer Suite 8.0 and it has received its fare share of reviews on both software magazines, as well as in architecture websites. It has definitely become a mainstay in the home design software industry and at just around $100, one should be able to get his own hands on this impressive piece of software.
At a Glance
One of the primary reasons why this program has become so popular is because of the fact that it was designed and developed by such a successful designer software company. Chief Architect have released dozens of programs in the past that encompass other aspects of the industry, and their services even extend to training and customer support. This time around, with the new Better Homes and Gardens Home Designer Suite 8.0, they have come up with yet another effective program that will serve as an excellent tool towards a beautifully designed home.
Aside from a comprehensive user manual, the kit will also include more than 30 video tutorials that should be helpful for most types of users.
Purchasing this program will bring forth a lot of benefits for users of all skill levels. Even first-timers shouldn’t have too much trouble using this software simply because it is very user friendly and quite straightforward. Although it does involve a myriad of different features, it is still very easy to use and navigate through. Besides, included in the kit are a variety of tutorials that will cover a multitude of subjects regarding the software. Also on board is a large database that holds a lot of accomplished home plans that can be used as samples or as a point of reference. An added bonus is the landscaping software which makes this an even more impressive cheap home designer software.
As with any home designer program, the Better Homes and Gardens Designer Suite 8.0 still has its share of cons, albeit seemingly workable once the bigger picture is taken into consideration. For one, custom designing stairs and roofs might pose as quite a challenge, especially for those who lack the experience in using these types of programs. An even bigger problem is that the designs and blueprints produced by this program are not at the professional level. However, the price tag it comes with is definitely able to make up for any minor shortcomings it may have.
Posted on June 3, 2018
The magazine staff and editors of Better Homes and Gardens have come with a design solution for the intrepid homeowner wanting to realize his/her dream house. The Better Homes and Gardens Home Designer Suite 8.0 is the latest edition of that effort that started years back and has become popular among American novice designers and even professional architects and home builders.
Getting to see your dream house with uncanny 3D realism on your PC has never been as easy with a software application tool that can make just about anyone a home designer. You just need to make sure your desktop or laptop PC is powerful enough to render 3D modeling. Not to worry, the software package comes with the recommended PC configuration you need.
Indulge your Imagination
The Better Homes and Gardens Home Designer Suite 8.0 gives reign to your innate design skills the better for you to visualize your dream home on the PC. But even people without artistic talent can to it.
- Automatic Designing Tools. The Suite has 5,000 competent and easy to use building blocks and tools to simplify getting your design looking real. For starters, you design your lot and backyard terrain with the Automatic Build Terrain and Terrain Perimeter tool that can be aided with a GPS terrain elevation data. Add pools and other landscaping details like fences and driveways from its landscaping library. Generate house roofs, ceiling beams, floor patterns, dormers, stairs, framing and house foundation automatically.
- Design Templates. There are over 1,500 sample house floor plans as well as a Design Inspiration Gallery with photos by house designs categorized by type that can inspire you with your own unique design ideas. It has a library of home-style templates you can start with or create own customized house designs. There’s also the House Wizard that can automatically generate a house design for you based on information you supply.
- Design Libraries. There are over 6000 design elements like furniture and electric fixtures, windows and doors, wall paper and floor designs and appliance, just to mention some, in its built-in library that you can just drag and drop on your design work area, or you can design your own. There’s even a Plant Encyclopedia on the side containing 1,500 popular plant species you can learn about that’s suitable in your country as indoor plant ornament in your design.
- Online Advice. You can get free online design expertise from the Design Planning Center of Better Homes and Gardens as well as download additional design elements from the Home Designer website.
- 3D Rendering and Virtual Tours. Once you’re done with hour house and interior designing, remodeling, landscaping, and floor planning, go into 3D simulation of light and shadows and a virtual walk-through of your dream house.
- Project Cost Estimating. Once you’re happy with the look of your new house complete with interiors and landscaping, the Suite will estimate the cost of making your design happen, generating a spreadsheet where you also get material estimates on how much lumber and concrete is needed which creates the basis for the costing.