Posted on July 18, 2018
Everyone likes to have a beautiful home and garden; however, paying for all the best decorations and extras is not always easy. There are many things you can do to save money on home and garden items; you just have to know where to look and what strategies to use. Consider the following five tips when you are planning your next purchase.
- Mix It Up – When you are designing your home and garden area, use a variety of colors and patterns. Consider using a theme for the room or garden area and then all you have to do is shop for items along that theme. This is a great way to save money on clearance racks and closeout sales. While you may not find six matching linen napkins, you can probably find six green linen napkins. You can also mix up your plates. Instead of a matching set that costs hundreds, buy individual plates along the same theme.
- Shop Exclusively – Forgo the department stores and shop at stores that exclusively have what you are looking for. While everyone knows large retail stores are known for cheaper prices, it is often easy to find even better deals at a specialty store. Consider the bedding you need for your home. When you shop at a bedding store, you will have a larger selection and there will be more markdowns and clearance items as well.
- Compare Prices Online – Use comparison tools online to find the best prices on your must- have items. These sites will crawl through the web and find every site that is offering the item you are looking for. This can save you a lot of time and money in your search. You might even check out online auction sites to look for a specific item; many businesses list their inventory online.
- Shop Out Of Season – For garden items, you can find great deals if you shop during the winter months. Garden furniture and decorations are often marked down up to 50% off. Buy items that need to be put together and save them for great spring projects. Many plants can be bought in the off season as well. Since these items are less popular in the off season months, you can find great deals.
- Coupons Are Worth Their Weight in Gold – While it can be a pain to use coupons, you can save hundreds on a project if you will take the time to use them. Look for coupons that are a set amount off of purchases or coupons for free shipping if you are ordering online. There are many great sites online that offer coupons for many different stores. You can download or print coupons for many different stores all in one place.
Take Your Time – Impulse buying can cost you a lot more than you will pay if you take your time. If you take the time to shop around, you can often find items at much better prices. You might even be able to find a similar item to the one you saw in the store for a much better price online.
Posted on July 3, 2018
Summer is around the corner and a quick look around prompts you to want to find some home and garden accents that will revamp the lawn. Since homes are not selling as they had, many home owners are looking to better what they have. Whether it is inside the home or outside, curb appeal is making a huge comeback. After all, that is what attracts a passerby to look at your home as they drive by.
Home and Garden Accents
Major landscaping is not needed to make a difference and a huge difference is not needed to create a pleasant lawn. Just some home and garden accents and a new look is formed. Flowers to brighten the area around your home and that pretty much will be all that is needed to add major curb appeal.
Start with a keen eye to creating a flower garden. If you also want to grow a vegetable garden but don’t have the room, why not plant some vegetables in your flower garden. Lots of showy colors will help offset a green lawn and you will even be able to harvest fresh vegetables. The first thing to do is to mow your lawn in the spring. Apply weed killer and fertilizer. Then turn to creating that flower garden. The size will depend on the size of your lawn.
Next would be some home and garden accents. Perhaps new address numbers on the house and a new porch light. Solar lighting around your newly laid flower garden will be a nice added touch. Already built water fountains add the sound of soothing waters trickling over rocks.
Clearing a small area around all the trees and laying down bark will tidy up even the most untamed place. Wind chimes gently moving in the night’s breeze add to the charm of your landscaping and your hard work will be have been rewarded.
Posted on June 18, 2018
One of the best cheap home designer software around is a program produced by the professional 3D architectural software company Chief Architect. Their latest version of the program is Better Homes and Garden Home Designer Suite 8.0 and it has received its fare share of reviews on both software magazines, as well as in architecture websites. It has definitely become a mainstay in the home design software industry and at just around $100, one should be able to get his own hands on this impressive piece of software.
At a Glance
One of the primary reasons why this program has become so popular is because of the fact that it was designed and developed by such a successful designer software company. Chief Architect have released dozens of programs in the past that encompass other aspects of the industry, and their services even extend to training and customer support. This time around, with the new Better Homes and Gardens Home Designer Suite 8.0, they have come up with yet another effective program that will serve as an excellent tool towards a beautifully designed home.
Aside from a comprehensive user manual, the kit will also include more than 30 video tutorials that should be helpful for most types of users.
Purchasing this program will bring forth a lot of benefits for users of all skill levels. Even first-timers shouldn’t have too much trouble using this software simply because it is very user friendly and quite straightforward. Although it does involve a myriad of different features, it is still very easy to use and navigate through. Besides, included in the kit are a variety of tutorials that will cover a multitude of subjects regarding the software. Also on board is a large database that holds a lot of accomplished home plans that can be used as samples or as a point of reference. An added bonus is the landscaping software which makes this an even more impressive cheap home designer software.
As with any home designer program, the Better Homes and Gardens Designer Suite 8.0 still has its share of cons, albeit seemingly workable once the bigger picture is taken into consideration. For one, custom designing stairs and roofs might pose as quite a challenge, especially for those who lack the experience in using these types of programs. An even bigger problem is that the designs and blueprints produced by this program are not at the professional level. However, the price tag it comes with is definitely able to make up for any minor shortcomings it may have.